PR6 is a
self-contained encapsulated low power consuming shunt regulator
for easy fitting to solar panels junction boxes without the need
for any additional enclosures.
- PR6 is potted in clear silicon inside the back of the solar
panel junction box suitable for the marine environment.
- PR6 provides the field technician with steady green LED indication
when panel is shunting (battery full).
- PR6 fits inside junction box of Solar panels from 20 to 80
- Green LED flashes when panel is charging battery to provide
field technician with confirmation of system status.
- Standard shunt voltage set to 14.6 @ 20 degrees Centigrade
with re-connection at 13.5 volts. Other settings possible to
- All tails provided with identification and crimp connectors
- Once fitted in the junction box, solar panel tails may be directly
connected to battery without the need for any other protection
- PR6 is ideal for single panel beacon or pile applications where
interconnection access is limited or denied to unauthorised personnel.
- Where buoy applications requiring 2 solar panels or more the
PR8 or PR12 regulators are recommended (see over and following).
- Where LCD indication of system status is required the PR30
- PR6 is fitted as standard to our range of self contained Stainless
Steel PS20/100 and upwards to create an efficient well engineered
package for site with difficult access while still providing
max. information to the field technician.
|Height over LED
||4 x 4.5dia holes on 53 x 22 centres
panel mounted pulse width regulator with built-in indicators and
PR8 shown here in weatherproof enclosure
- PR8 fits neatly inside its own weatherproof enclosure or can
be combined with Station monitoring cubicle.
- Self contained Pulse Width regulator with built in 10 amp fuse
load protection which is easily exchanged or removed for maintenance
- Built-in green LED lights to provide easy indication that solar
energy is present. Light flashes to indicate PR8 is charging.
- Built in multicolour LED indicates state of charge by colour
without need of additional meters.
- When fitted inside clear covered enclosure state of system
can be monitored visually with out opening system to the marine
- Optional standard PR8 (only) IP67 enclosure measures 125 x
175 x 75 mm deep with 4mm fixing hole centres of 110 x 160mm.
- Option for automatic disconnection of load when battery reaches
a constant 11.1 volts to protect battery from severe damage
by deep discharge.
- Option for automatic reconnection of load when solar panel
restores battery above 12.6 volts.
- PR8 designed to operate between -25 degree and + 50 degrees
centigrade makes the unit very versatile in different environmental
- Automatic temperature compensation of 3 milli volts / K/cell
provides best charge voltage for the battery.
- Can be used on nominal 12 or 24 volt system without need for
separate unit. When used on 24 volt system voltage indications
should be doubled.
|Max. handling current
||88 x 45 mm