The SC120 is a short to medium range lightweight self-contained beacon. It is suitable for shore or buoy for use, and in remote or potentially hostile regions.
SC120, 3 mile version with top solar panel and 3 additional panels mounted vertically in recesses on the side of the lantern body to provide extra power to enable higher intensities or heavier duty flash characters.
||234 mm dia
||3 or 4 x 12mm slots
||Via handheld infra red remote programmer
A rugged semi-weatherproof infrared PDA programming tool is available for the SC120 as shown below. This enables engineers to programme the unit in the field without the need to dismantle it or make a physical connection.
The SC120 has an integrated warning alarm with GPS positioning inside the sealed tamperproof housing. If the lantern moves off-station or is stolen, it sends an immediate warning message via GSM.
- Compact lightweight Lithium battery with a 5 year life expectancy in the tropics. The small battery size enables it to be fitted inside the sealed enclosure, which also has a Gore vent
- Hidden, built-in GPS antenna can provide both flash character synchronisation and position data. A GSM text alarm can be sent if the lantern moves outside a pre-programmed position radius. This provides the operating authority with a ‘secret’ alarm, thus increasing the probability of recovering the lantern or buoy and apprehending any thieves.
- The SC120 uses the proven SMC flasher, in service with Finnish Lighthouse Service. This forms the basis of the internal interface with GSM card and Infrared external programmer, making character and parameter setting both simple and tamperproof.
- Modern, environmentally friendly 4500mA LiFePO4 Battery, giving excellent standby capacity and performance in varied temperatures.
- Available with a standard narrow lens of 5o or optional wide 9o lens to suit site conditions.
- GSM text alarms can be sent directly to patrol boats or to a central monitoring location or BOTH via the Webscada PC programme in service already in Egypt.
- Verified lantern/solar /battery system combined with Egyptian-built PB1400 buoy would provide the Nile River Authority with a complete, fit for purpose solution
- Standard mounting holes, compatible with many other lantern manufacturers. This enables easy conversion of an existing lantern to a self-contained solar lantern without the need to modify the mounting structure.
- Extremely lightweight beacon, which does not require direct cable connection. It can be easily mounted from the inside of a buoy superstructure with no exposed fixings, making it virtually impossible to steal.
- Utilises the latest LED/lens technology as tested by TRINITY HOUSE, achieving high output for very low power consumption. This makes it possible to achieve 1 to 3 Miles when transmission factor T = 0.74.